Club Vauxhall  

Go Back   Club Vauxhall > Forum > Technical > Mechanical
vBPicGallery FAQ Links Members List Calendar Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-12, 10:18 AM

Model: Astra
Engine: Diesel
Size: 1.7

dagster will become famous soon enoughdagster will become famous soon enoughdagster will become famous soon enoughdagster will become famous soon enoughdagster will become famous soon enoughdagster will become famous soon enoughdagster will become famous soon enoughdagster will become famous soon enough
astra 1.3cdti glow plug problem

i have a 55plate astra 1.3cdti with a broken glow plug! anyone know of a mobile helicoil mechanic in norfolk???
Old 07-06-12, 07:28 PM

Model: Frontera
Engine: Turbo Diesel
Size: 2.5

Jonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV memberJonesie is a helpful CV member
View Member's FaceBook Profile
its very easy to do it yourself. Buy the kit of ebay (only about a tenner) with the correct thread size (google it if you dont know), it will come with a HSS drill bit the correct size, lather the bit in thick multi-purpose grease and carfully drill the centre of the plug out. Take your time when drilling, so a good multi-speed drill is a must. Then its just a case of winding the thread tap thats included, in making sure its central and not on a angle and screwing the heli-coil in with the tool provided, remember to use a pair of long nose pliers to break and recover the "tang" thats used to turn the coil. It sounds alot harder and daunting than it is, but trust me its a doddle. First time i used one it was on a spark plug that had gone bad and i was cakking myself as it wernt my engine, but i was suprised at how simple it was to do. If in doudt you'll find plenty of videos on youtube.

Happy tapping!